Saturday, November 29, 2003

I braved the crowds and went shopping yesterday. It really wasn't too bad. Oh, there were lots of people, but I must say that everyone was behaving. I didn't go real early--it may have been worse then--so I missed out on a few bargains. But, all in all, I had a relatively successful day. I think I am just about finished shopping for my kids, but I still have to buy for my niece and nephews and a couple of friends.

I really enjoy Christmas. Some people say that it is too commercialized, and I suppose that can be true. But I love the atmosphere of the season. Finding just the perfect gift for someone you love can feel so good. And it is fun to decorate and bake and wrap presents. But mostly it is a time to cherish our loved ones and reflect on Jesus' birth. If we do that, we can keep all that other stuff in perspective and not get overwhelmed and stressed.

No comments: