Dumb commercials
Have you seen the new TV commercial for Total cereal? I think it must be one of the dumbest ads yet. It is a take-off of the home makeover types of reality shows. Oh my goodness, it is just stupid!
And speaking of commercials I hate--another one that ranks at the top of my list is the Hanes underwear ad that is kind of like a country music video. First of all, I'm not a big country music fan. But what really makes me mad is that whenever I have to watch that ad (i.e. I can't hit the mute button fast enough!), I have that stupid song stuck in my head for the rest of the day! Nothing like the phrase "You can't overlove your underwear" floating around in your head.
Feel free to add your all time most-hated commercials in the comments section.
Phooey! Now that song is going to be in my brain all night!
5 comments:
Oh, Linda! I don't watch much t.v., but I just saw that underwear commercial the other day. I was stupefied by it, according to my DS;) But really, the purpose works, I think. I am fairly certain that I will be thinking about it when I next have to buy underwear for DS.
I haven't seen the other you mentioned. MY most hated commercials are anything from Victoria's Secret. Oh, and any of the feminine hygiene products. And the medications for "man trouble", as my grandma would call it. Hmm, maybe I watch more t.v. than I thought....=)
I don't think I've seen that underwear commercial, but I hate pretty much every Target commercial I've ever seen.
OTOH, I really love that XBOX commercial with the water balloon war. Funny!
Also, that commercial for CSI (the TV show) where it shows the writer taking his work home with him...his "work" being a corpse. :)
I hate the commercial too! I don't watch too much TV, but when I do, that Hanes commercial is always on! Drives me crazy!!!
Laura--I dislike any of those ads that are for drugs/meds. It seems like every other commercial is an ad touting the wonders of a medication, but ending with the slightly mumbled lines about possible side effects.
Eric--I've seen that one. I didn't really notice that the guys were so diminutive. :) But I'll take your word for it, and I will watch for that next time I see it.
Denise--You're right--at least some of the Target ads are annoying, but I think some of them are OK. I've never seen the others that you mentioned.
deputyswife--I was in Wal-Mart one time and that Hanes commercial came on one of their overhead TVs. I wanted to cover my ears and run screaming from the store. Fortunately for my kids' reputations, I managed to contain myself and just quickly moved to another area of the store--away from the TV.
Post a Comment